PITTSBURGH PA Military Veteran sharing military stories, EMDR session and my creative art therapy
NICE TO MEET YOU THANKS FOR STOPPING BY
My name is Adam. I am just a normal guy from a small town ( of 500 people ) in southern Minnesota.
I am a former United States Chief Master Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician who left the Armed Services in November 2012. I am a purple heart recipient with a 90% disability rating through the VA.
I have struggled with PTSD since OIF / OEF, and I have struggled with depression for almost my entire life.
I QUIT MY JOB
I decided to quit my job because I never dealt with the stresses of being in an extremely dangerous job. On top of that I was conditioned through my childhood to block out all feelings which made me the perfect candidate to become an Explosive Ordnance Disposal technician, but it makes it really difficult to maintain relationships and is just a miserable way to live so I am trying to change!
WOULD YOU SUPPORT ME?
No, I don't want money. If you like what you see please support me by leaving a comment on my posts. It will give me motivation to continue writing.
MY Military career highlights
ABOUT THIS BLOG
The goal of this blog
My primary goal for this blog is to help me through my struggles with PTSD and depression. I am using this platform as a type of art therapy that will hopefully help me work through various issues that I am struggling with.
All photographs in my therapy posts are taken while I am dictating the articles. If I see something interesting or I take a nice picture I like to share it
- 12 years in US Naval Special Operations
- Rank achieved EODC (EWS/AW/FPJ) E7
- Master Explosive Ordnance technician
- Deepest dive on record - 175 Ft Arabian sea MK16
- Highest free-fall jump w combat equipment 15,000 Ft
- Deployments - 6
- SCUBA Diving Supervisor
- MK 16 diving supervisor
- Demolition supervisor
- HRST / CAST Master
- Real IEDs disarmed - Way to many
- Ships sunk - USS Oriskany | The USS Guadalcanal
- Robot Operator - Talon | Packbot | RONS
Problems that I have identified
- Self destructive
- Over eating
- Under eating
- Addictive personality
- Abusive negative inner voice
- Pushing away relationships
- Depression sleeping
PROBLEMS THAT I HAVE under control
- Alcohol abuse - 1 year sober! :D
- Back problems - Thanks to my HAMMOCK!
- Currently in EMDR and talk therapy.
- Cutting / Burning
THINGS THAT HELP KEEP MY PROBLEMS UNDER CONTROL
- My wife
- Sleeping in a hammock full time
- Being open about my problems
- Metal detecting
- Garage sales